This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Specific permissions required for IIS counters?

I am trying to monitor IIS counters on web servers but keep getting these results on multiple servers:

pastedImage_0.png

I have admin privileges on these servers and can poll any of the normal counters (cpu/memory/disk/etc) just fine. Are there particular permissions that need to be added to my account to allow me to view these counters?

• Based on the screenshot it appears WMI is working but RPC is failing. The reason why is unclear because SAM is unable to connect. The most likely reason is that the Remote Registry Service is stopped, disabled, or in need of a restart. I would recommend checking there first by enabling, starting, or restarting the Remote Registry Service on the host/node you're trying to monitor.

• After further troubleshooting I've found I'm being blocked by our firewall to the DMZ servers. I have rules in place for the WMI ports but not RPC. I was under the impression that these were all access via WMI. Thanks!