This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds SAM- Table Name for Component User Description

Hi Friends- I would like to create a report for Application in a format and format is Application Name> Assigned Node> Component Monitor Name> Description but I am unable to find table for description. I tried to find the same from database but no help. Below is the snapshot for reference

SAM.jpg

• If you're using SWQL, the component description is in Orion.APM.Component.UserDescription.

If you're using SQL, the component description is in the APM_ComponentTemplateSetting table. You'll need to get the component template ID from the component in order to get the description, as in:

SELECT [Value]
      FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[APM_ComponentTemplateSetting]
      where ComponentTemplateID =
      (
         SELECT [TemplateID]
         FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[APM_Component]
         where ID = @ComponentID
      )
      and [Key] = '__UserDescription'
  • This query will get the description for all components in all application monitors on all nodes. You can add more conditions to the WHERE clause to refine your report:

SELECT N.Caption, A.[Name], C.[Name], CTS.[Value]
    from APM_Application A
    INNER JOIN NodesData N on N.NodeID = A.NodeID
    INNER JOIN APM_Component C ON C.ApplicationID = A.ID
    LEFT OUTER JOIN APM_ComponentTemplateSetting CTS ON CTS.ComponentTemplateID = C.TemplateID
    WHERE CTS.[Key] = '__UserDescription'