This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds agent Installation

Hello Everyone,

I have two general queries with respect to SolarWinds agent installation.

1. Do we have any installation package for Debian OS & TurnKey OS..?

2. While installing SolarWinds agent on Linux machine, the plug-ins weren't installed properly. Reason is because of the Python V3.5.x. But our infra ( V2018.4) supports only Python V2.4.3 or above but less than Python V3. I'm in situation that I couldn't upgrade our SolarWinds infra to V2019.4 or V2020.2 neither the Python version can be degraded on the particular machine. What is the best possible solution to fix this..? Will SNMP helps..?

Thank you..!!

Regards,

Solaiy.

• Selecting this deployment method may be helpful to troubleshoot connectivity issues with the Orion server. This method is also helpful when the Orion server cannot communicate directly with the computer where the agent will be installed.

Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
    Under Product Specific Settings, click Agent Settings > Download Agent Software.
    Click Windows, and click Next.
    Click Install Manually, and click Next.
    Click Download MSI.
    Copy the MSI file to the client machine, and run it.
    In the Installation wizard, select Agent Initiated Communication or Orion Server Initiated Communication.
    Enter the Orion server IP address or hostname, and the SolarWinds Orion administrator account credentials.
    Optional: For Server-initiated communication (passive), in the Orion Web Console:
    Click Settings > All Settings.
    Under Node & Group Management, click Manage Agents > Add Agent.
    Click Connect to a previously installed agent > click Next.
    Enter the name, IP address, and port number for the agent and click Server-initiated communication.

• Hello  ,

I agree with you. But, here my concern is with respect to Linux/Unix flavors OS.

Regards,

Solaiy.