This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Software Inventory Reporting

What's the easiest was to report upon the absence of installed software?  If I have 5000 servers, I want to know which ones are missing application xyz.  The only method I've devised is a custom report with 2 columns - one column for every server that has application xyz installed and one column that simply lists every server.  I export the results into Excel to find the server names that only appear once.

Is there an easier way to obtain this info without involving Excel?

• Absence of a software? Which one? Seems kind of odd to want a report on that. Are you trying to get a report of where you have A/V missing or something? When I want a report of all my servers that do have something installed (for example MS Office in the attached screenshot) I report on all nodes then filter by name = Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.

office.JPG

• Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

We have several applications that are required to be installed on servers including anti-virus and sys logging.  I need a report that show systems that doesn't have that software installed.

I understand how to view the systems that have it but I don't see anyway to list systems that don't have the software installed.

• It's pretty easy to do in SQL, just left join the nodes data to the asset inventory software table on nodeid's and software name = 'whatever'

Where software name is null.

I'm on my phone but hopefully that psuedo code gets you close enough.