Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a2097anew
Level 7

Smart Card authentication for SAM individual accounts

Jump to solution

Hello!

I want to be able to use Smart Card login for SAM application users that do NOT have Windows AD accounts on the local domain. Everything I am finding has instructions for either configuring SAM to directly authenticate to an AD account, or using client certificate mapping to map a token back to a Windows OS account. I'm not able to do either here as the environment we're operating is on a child domain, but our actual administrative accounts that we log in with are on a different domain within the forest that we / the SAM service account don't have access to.

Is it possible to configure a SAM individual account to utilize a smart card without it being tied to an AD account?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cmazko
Level 11

Re: Smart Card authentication for SAM individual accounts

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
a2097anew
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I have already gone through those pages. The documentation in those reflects how to set up Smart Card user authentication through the use of an Active Directory domain account that is already set up to use Smart Card authentication. In my case, I cannot use an Active Directory domain account.

0 Kudos
cmazko
Level 11

Jump to solution

FYI, I just confirmed with our Smart Card guru that you need to have either the main Orion poller or an Additional Web Server (AWS) on the domain to support Smart Cards. Feel free to submit a feature request.