Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

ServiceNow Integration issue

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I am working on the ServiceNow Integration and I'm running into a problem.  I was able to add the ServiceNow instance with no problem and the status shows up and active.  I've tested the user account and connection is successful.  The problem I'm having is when I go to create an alert and choose 'Create ServiceNow Incident' under Add Action, I get an error message saying "Error querying ServiceNow Instance.  Instance can be offline or not properly configured".  I have gone through the instructions several times now and can't find the problem with the configuration.  See Screenshots:

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks

Greg

SN1.jpg

SN2.jpg

Tags (1)
1 Solution
Level 9

I heard back from support and they have issued this Buddy Drop to fix the issue.  I just applied this fix and I'm no longer getting the error. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Level 11

Was this addressed in a Hotfix? I didn't see this issue noted in the release notes for any Hotfixes for 12.2

I encountered this issue yesterday, and have been having integration issues for the last week or so.  Solarwinds fails to create incidents and my backup email in alert kicks off, CC'ing me as well.  This is happening more and more.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi gtbiv1,

Integration between SolarWinds and ServiceNow can be achieved using SynQ

You can also follow this blog for more information on integrating between Solarwinds to ServiceNow.

Thanks

Ajay

0 Kudos
Level 8

I had a client who was experiencing issues with ServiceNow Integration, they updated to the latest modules of Orion to include hot fixes.  We still had the errors after that and also the buddy drop that SWI gave us.  SWI helped us install again and still experienced issues so we sent a diagnostic file back to SWI so they can take a look at it and hopefully help fix it.  3rd time is a charm (Hopefully).  Will let y'all know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I heard back from support and they have issued this Buddy Drop to fix the issue.  I just applied this fix and I'm no longer getting the error. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks for this, I applied it and it resolved the issue also for us!

0 Kudos

Glad to hear it gtbiv1​!  As a reminder, buddy drops are used to validate a fix is working in customer environments before release to a broader audience through an official hotfix or service pack, which are then rolled into the next official release.

0 Kudos
Level 15

Problem is isolated and we are tracking in case CORE-6872.  I'm not able to share an ETA at the moment, but we're making progress.

0 Kudos

Thanks Cobrien,

Any idea when we might get an ETA?

-Michael

0 Kudos

I don't have an ETA for the ETA.  For better (and worse), this is a trending issue we're fixing with high priority.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Just setting up my ServiceNow Integration, and guess what SAME ERROR. Will wait to hopefully hear back from you all. Weird when it says online and shows active, but then pops this error. Hopefully we hear something soon.

0 Kudos

Hey JacobH,

Please go ahead and submit a ticket to SolarWinds support.  As they say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Thanks

Greg

Gtbiv1,

Yep agree, now we have case# 1052983 for this too.

Level 7

I too have opened a ticket

Has anyone received an answer or any indication as to what may be the issue.

0 Kudos

According to SolarWinds support, it's a knows bug and they are working on it.   He did not give me a time frame on when they would have a fix.

0 Kudos
Level 15

Development is investigating.  Looks like the Support tickets are on the right track.

Level 15

I have not seen this error message occur before, including during beta, RC, and production.  Considering that, I expect few people on the forum have either.  We definitely need to investigate this.  Could you open a Support case and provide the number so I can keep tabs on it?

0 Kudos

Hello @cobrien1 ,

In my case, i recently update the Orion version to 2020.2 and post upgrade my snow instance integration stopped working. SNOW instance status is showing always unknown however the test connection showing green while re-configuring it. In alerts action also getting error on snow instance saying not up or offline.

Solarwinds support escalated this case to developer but not yet fixed. Our operations is impacted due to this issue and no auto-ticketing happening.

Case # 00608425

Thanks,

Alankar

0 Kudos

Hey Cobrien,

Case # 1035604

0 Kudos

Got it.  Will keep tabs.

0 Kudos

Hello Cobrien,

I just submitted a ticket.  Case # 1038711

It appears a couple other people are having this same issue.

Thanks

Greg