cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Server w/Monitored App - How to show App Status on Summary

Jump to solution

We are evaluating Orion with App Monitoring.  I have added apps to monitor on several servers, and have received alerts for the status of those processes.  And, when a monitored process is down I can see that by going to the Application Monitor Module home page, and I know I can add Applications Status to the Node Details view.

But, is it possible to get the Network Summary Home (or odified version thereof) to show "the flashing red square on the green dot" for that server when a monitored app dies?  I.e., like is shown for a device with a Down interface?

TIA

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

I checked, and the problem is in the Orion Active Alerts resource, not in the module.  So it's something I'll have to prioritize for the next release of Orion. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 19

Not yet, but that is on the roadmap.  

0 Kudos

Not yet, but that is on the roadmap.  

lol - OK, I won't ask you "when" - I saw another post about your reticence to give dates...

BUT - I see also that my Active Alert for the down app is NOT shown in "Active Alerts" on the Network Summary Home page.  Is this because it doesn't do App Monitor stuff or because it doesn't do Advanced Alerts?

0 Kudos

Well, in Q1, we will be releasing a new application module that's a complete re-write of the current AM, and I'll check on that version to see if those alerts show up in Active Alerts.  If not, I'll open a bug against that new version.

0 Kudos

I checked, and the problem is in the Orion Active Alerts resource, not in the module.  So it's something I'll have to prioritize for the next release of Orion. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks.

0 Kudos