Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Script execution upon receiving solarwinds alert

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a fairly basic understanding of Solarwinds however I've now been given the opportunity to get involved. I know how to setup basic monitors for server and applications, however I'd would like to know whether a script in the form of VB or Powershell could be automatically executed upon an alert being triggered.

For example, we monitor a specific application service and it suddenly stops for whatever reason and this triggers the Solarwinds alert which sends an email, could the same monitor execute a custom script to restart the service....?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

You can certainly execute an external script as part of an Alert Trigger Action, but SAM includes an out of the box alert preconfigured to automatically restart services when they're down called "Restart a service".

You will see a listing of all trigger actions available to you below, including "Execute an external VB script" and "Execute an external program".

Alert Trigger actions.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

You can certainly execute an external script as part of an Alert Trigger Action, but SAM includes an out of the box alert preconfigured to automatically restart services when they're down called "Restart a service".

You will see a listing of all trigger actions available to you below, including "Execute an external VB script" and "Execute an external program".

Alert Trigger actions.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted.

0 Kudos