This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Scheduler Monitor

SCOM have the ability to create scheduler monitor, Just wonder if I can set component monitor to run on schedule time for example if I can set a component monitor to run script on specific date and time

Thanks in advance

Shay

• Unfortunately you cannot control when a monitor runs just the interval at which it runs.  It's a problem we have faced with several monitors where one of the teams only wants it to run at the top of the hour for example.

• Mike Driskell is correct, however I'm curious if you're primarily interested in collecting performance information from the scheduled running task, or if you're more interested in knowing if the task ran successfully?

• In my case I was asked to look for the presence of a file at the top of every hour....It was in some type of watched folder where that file should be processed and removed within 15 minutes.  I was able to work around with some creative alerting but it wasn't pretty.  We have had similar requests (almost always looking for a file a specific time) and it's always a challenge to accommodate.