cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SSL Provider Error when connecting to the database server with Solarwinds Configuration Manager

Hi community,

I need your help regarding the following issue

I am using a local sql server authentication to connect from Solarwinds configuration Wizard to create the Solarwind 's database but getting the following error, it is working if I use a Windows Account but failing when I use Local Authentication.

pastedImage_0.png

Could somebody please help on this.

Kind Regards

Haroon

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 9

Hi Christopher and Serena,

Thanks for replying, I was trying to use the SQL Authentication account which I created on the database and also had mixed mode selected, to create the database but it wasn't working.

So What I did was to delete that account, connected to the database with the domain account from the configuration manager and created new SQL accounts from the configuration Manager

Kind Regards

0 Kudos

wrote:

Hi Christopher and Serena,

Thanks for replying, I was trying to use the SQL Authentication account which I created on the database and also had mixed mode selected, to create the database but it wasn't working.

So What I did was to delete that account, connected to the database with the domain account from the configuration manager and created new SQL accounts from the configuration Manager

Kind Regards

Did those steps resolve your issue?

0 Kudos

Yes it did solve the issue after those steps.

haroonh​ have you checked with the DBA to ensure that mixed-mode authentication is enabled for the SQL instance you are connecting to? I've seen this issue when mixed-mode authentication is turned off, or if you're typing the username incorrectly for the local SQL account

Product Manager
Product Manager

haroonh  wrote:

Hi community,

I need your help regarding the following issue

I am using a local sql server authentication to connect from Solarwinds configuration Wizard to create the Solarwind 's database but getting the following error, it is working if I use a Windows Account but failing when I use Local Authentication.

pastedImage_0.png

Could somebody please help on this.

Kind Regards

Haroon

Hello Haroon, have you submitted a support ticket? Submit a Ticket | SolarWinds Customer Portal

You may want to check the logs C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs for more details, as the error seems to indicate issues with authentication.