cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

SQLSERVR.exe process maxed out at 100%

Hi

We are running Orion 8.5.1 on Win 2003 Standard SP2 with SQL Server 2005 Express

I recently installed APM SP2 to fix a few issues we were having, Since then we have made 2 additional APM templates and assigned them to a few nodes. Currently we have about 5 or 6 nodes being monitored with APM. However, SQLSERVR.exe process keeps maxing out at 100% ever since we started configuring APM after the service pack install. It must be something to do with APM, since I can delete all associations of programs to nodes and SQLSERVR.exe reduces to about 5%-10% usage.

I have checked the settings of the templates to see if they were too agressive in their polling, but they have been left to the default of 300 seconds between polls. In the meantime I have been forced to set SQLSERVR.exe to only run on one CPU to limit the affects

Does anyone know if this is a known bug?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 12

Wow. This bug definitely affected me. I started deleting all associations of programs to nodes and the problem went away. I would definitely like this fix once it comes out as I cannot use APM in the mean time.

0 Kudos

Has there been any word on when this fix is being released? Is there an RSS feed or similar that I can subscribe to to get the latest news?

Our maintenance renewal has just come through.....

0 Kudos

Has there been any word on when this fix is being released? Is there an RSS feed or similar that I can subscribe to to get the latest news?

Our maintenance renewal has just come through.....

On the forums page under Shortcuts on the right column you can subscribe to the Announcements & Hotfixes forum to receive updates. http://thwack.com/forums/

RSS is also available at the bottom of the forums-

I don't have an update on the fix -perhaps Denny can provide an update?

0 Kudos

We think we know the fix, but the change is not trivial, so we're thoroughly testing it internally.  After that, we'll test with a few customers who have opened tickets.  Then we release it.  Days not weeks.

0 Kudos
Level 19

It is a known bug, We are working on a fix, but we don't know how we will package that fix. 

0 Kudos