This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQLSERVR.exe process maxed out at 100%

Hi

We are running Orion 8.5.1 on Win 2003 Standard SP2 with SQL Server 2005 Express

I recently installed APM SP2 to fix a few issues we were having, Since then we have made 2 additional APM templates and assigned them to a few nodes. Currently we have about 5 or 6 nodes being monitored with APM. However, SQLSERVR.exe process keeps maxing out at 100% ever since we started configuring APM after the service pack install. It must be something to do with APM, since I can delete all associations of programs to nodes and SQLSERVR.exe reduces to about 5%-10% usage.

I have checked the settings of the templates to see if they were too agressive in their polling, but they have been left to the default of 300 seconds between polls. In the meantime I have been forced to set SQLSERVR.exe to only run on one CPU to limit the affects

Does anyone know if this is a known bug?

Thanks