This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL server monitoring: Want to see resource utilization of all databases on an SQL server

I'm trying to figure out how to display cpu/mem utilization of all databases on a particular sql server.  My DB guys would like to be able to go to the page for a particular server and see a list.... similar to the one where all the components are listed, with their cpu/mem utilization.

Is this possible ? I've been researching WMI and possibly an sql query, but haven't found the right combo yet.

As of right now, I'm thinking the only way to do this to possibly create a component for each db instance on the server ?  not sure if that will even work like I want it to...

thoughts anyone ? appreciate it!

• I don't have an answer so I'm tossing out ideas here. Does your DB know if you could run an SQL query against the database to glean this information? If not, and assuming it's on Windows, is there a performance counter that will provide the information that you're seeking?