This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMPD Restart Required

Last month, I upgraded Solarwinds (Orion Platform 2016.1.5300, NCM 7.5, NPM 12.0, DPA 10.0.1, QoE 2.1.0, NTA 4.1.2, IVIM 2.1.2, SAM 6.2.4, NetPath 1.0 )  and am now getting an issue that causes the snmpd communication to fail.  The node appears to be up and running based on Solarwinds' Summary page, but the applications that are being monitored show as unknown.  I first checked to see if the snmpd community string work but I get the message that it fails.  I checked the snmpd.conf file and it looks fine, and then I restarted the service and the test through Solarwinds completes successfully.   This wouldn't be too much of an issue, but I have seen that the same issue keeps popping up on the same servers every 3 days or so.  Any ideas other than keep restarting the RHEL servers every 3 days?

Thanks in advance guys!