cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

SAP R/3

Is there a template or any information available on what to monitor on Windows servers runnning SAP R/3?

Tags (3)
34 Replies
Level 12

aLTeReGo​ any progress with #sap (#sap hana​ / #sap hcm​ / SAP PI / ...) monitoring in SAM? Any chance for templates not using Icon-Software's plugin?

0 Kudos

We have not made any updates which would remove the SAPOrion requirement.

Thanks aLTeReGo​ and stevenwhunt​ for the reply.

Do I understand correctly that the main problem is to connect to CCMS or in other words to collect data via SAP's own protocol?

Anyway if someone would be interested in natively monitor SAP in SAM please let me know as I'm also interested in such solution.

0 Kudos

From my understanding, SAP exposes its data via a web services API. You can likely collect anything you need via a custom script component monitor. We have also opened a feature request for voting ( ).

0 Kudos

stevenwhunt​ thanks for the link. Voted up.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

This would be a question better suited for stevenwhunt​, as he is now the Product Manager for SAM.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Any updates on this other than the Orion SAP Sensors?

0 Kudos

what version? we currently have 6.1

0 Kudos

Those templates should work with SAM v5.5 or later.

I'm getting a "This user must be a valid user on the Orion Server/Polling Engine." error. The user is already in Orion.

0 Kudos

The user credentials used with these templates must be a Windows Administrator account on the local Orion server. The SAP credentials are specified in the profile created using Icon Software's SAPOrion.

0 Kudos

why does it need local Windows Admin when it's pulling the data from SAP server? Anyway I can change the SAP credentials in the template or have to generate my own from SAPOrion software?

0 Kudos

The code executes locally on the Orion server itself and as such must execute within the context of a named user account. This is why you must specify credentials for the Orion server itself. Your SAP credentials must be entered into the SAPOrion profile editor, which are then saved in a file (By Default under C:\SAPOrion\i62external.P09) which is called by SAM when polled.

SAPOrion.png

0 Kudos

OK. So running as local Orion server admin is not working. We need to purchase SAPOrion profile editor for this to work?

0 Kudos

Correct. The template(s) don't do anything without SAPOrion.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hi,

in the meantime there are a lot of SAP monitors / sensors for SolarWinds Orion available.

Find them by Google with the keywords "Orion SAP Sensors"

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,
I don't suppose there has been any update to this? Does anyone have an idea of which basic services are required for SAP to operate if I were to create a very basic template?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Level 19

We plan to build one, but we're looking for existing users to help us.  if you'd be willing to work with us, please send me a private message.

0 Kudos

Hi Denny,

I know this is an old post, but just curious if any progress was made in developing an APM template for SAP?  We'll be evaluating APM shortly, and this template would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance..

0 Kudos