cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

SAM vs Virtualization manager

Hi All,

We have virtual servers as well as physical servers ,Whether we need to go with both SAM and .Virtualization manager or any one ?

If i am going with both means what will be the pros?

9 Replies
Level 11

I'm getting ready to setup a demo of VMan to see how it fits in with our SAM deployment / environment....my account rep Ashelena was nice enough to setup some time with one of the engineers to show me the product and some of the features.  My advice is talk to your account rep and check out a demo of the product and how it can work in your environment...as the others were saying, it appears as though it's a nice product that goes well with SAM.

0 Kudos

We use both.  VMAN is great for the virtualization side of things, but that obviously won't give you the physical numbers.  And SAM gives you a lot more that VMAN doesn't do.  The two products complement each other to give you a better overall picture of your environment.

Thanks ,Can we get the topology view of VMware environment

0 Kudos

SAM is very flexible, but VMan is the best way to get the topology

0 Kudos

VMAN has its own topology ?If means where can i see

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

So if i have 2000 servers ,1800 Vm's +200 physical machines I must get licence for SAM and VMAN 2000 each  for monitoring from both.

0 Kudos

To see both the virtual side of things and the server side of things, yes.  But the licensing isn't that cut and dry.  I suggest talking to a sales rep to determine your licensing needs.

I agree, and VMan is licensed differently than SAM, and at that level SAM licensing might move to a site license. Talk to the experts, and get a local demo installed to decide what you do and do not care about.

0 Kudos