cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

SAM and Solaris Containers

Hi everyone,

In our UNIX environment we are almost completely virtualized with Solaris Containers. I have a question about how the Solaris Application Monitoring Template works in a virtualized environment. I get the feeling that the statistics being collected such as Context_Switches/s, Interrupts/s, and System_calls/s are for the entire physical server and not the one container that the template has been applied to.  We applied the template to a series of UNIX containers and many of them seem far in excess but I can't say for sure. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 11

Thanks for the info. I forwarded it to one of my UNIX admins so lets see what he says.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

When you run the command "iostat -c 1 5" in one of the containers, is the resulting output that of the entire machine or just the container? I believe the result is for the entire machine and that container metrics use the "vmstat" command but I don't have access to a Solaris machine running containers right at this very moment so I'm somewhat speculating.

0 Kudos