This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM: Windows Powershell Monitor component is hanging when I hit "Get Script Output", but is fine when I run the script in a Powershell window. Thoughts?

Hello, Below is a script I wrote to check the a server is using the correct NTP server.  I checked the output in a regular Powershell session (using Version 2) and I can't spot any problems with the output.  Additionally I have the 'Run the script under specified account` checked and have tested this with the specified user.

$expectedNtpServer = $args.Get(0).ToLower().Trim()

$serverToCheck = $args.Get(1)

$currentNtpServer = (w32tm /query /source /computer:$serverToCheck).ToLower().Trim()

if($currentNtpServer -match  '\b\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\b') {

$currentNtpServer = [System.Net.Dns]::gethostentry($ip).HostName.ToLower().Trim()

}

if($currentNtpServer -ne $expectedNtpServer) {

Write-Host "Message.Status: $serverToCheck is using a different NTP Server than expected. Actual $currentNtpServer  Expected $expectedNtpServer"

Write-Host "Statistic.Status: 0"

exit 3

}

Write-Host "Message.Status: $serverToCheck is using the expected NTP Server: $expectedNtpServer"

Write-Host "Statistic.Status: 0"

exit 0

Here is the output I get when I run it in Powershell:

PS> .\NTPSourceChecker.ps1 DC1.domain.com DC2.domain.com

Message.Status: DC2 is using a different NTP Server than expected. Actual: DC3.domain.com  Expected: DC1.domain.com

Statistic.Status: 0

Any thoughts on why I can't get the ouptut to work in the application monitor template?