This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM User Management

Hello all,

I have just installed Orion 2018.4 and SAM 6.7.1.

We are using SAM as a managed service provider model. This means that we will offer SAM as a monitoring service for the applications we develop. I'm struggling with ideas on how to manage users for our customers. We'll obviously have internal users that can be managed, but how would I manage external users with SAM?

I've seen that SAM is limited to using a single LDAP source. I've also experimented with SAML and that works pretty well.

What I'd like to do is to create external users an account and have it flag that account for them to set their own password. I understand I could add a link to have users reset their own passwords inside of Orion, but I'm going to be managing many groups so I can't use local Orion users for this task. I'm going to be using AD with OU's, Groups, etc.

Does anyone else have this configured in a way they would like to share or have any ideas of how I could implement a way for users to self-serve their passwords without having access to an actual domain server or workstation?

Thanks in advance for anything you can throw my way.