This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM Migration to new servers, can/should database and Web server be on private network?

Good morning and thanks for taking the time to read my question. I am migrating my environment to new hardware and I have all of the documentation to migrate the data to the new servers and that good to go.

My question is more to the network setup between the web console and the database server. The new servers are located in the same rack and I am wondering if it would be feasible to have a direct link between the DB server and the web server to boost performance. They will both have teamed connections to full network to connect to nodes on the network.

Thanks!

Jeff

• Honestly with todays gigabit ethernet networks there's likely no gain to be had from a dedicated network connection between the Orion server and the SQL database server. In most cases the I/O bottleneck is disk I/O on the SQL Server. That, or memory on the SQL database server.