This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM Linux Command Script Reporting

I built a bash script for some of our Ubuntu servers to get the number of updates available and if the server needs a reboot. This way we can get them taken care of during maintenance windows without needing to log into them all and check for what is needed. The problem I have now is that I cannot figure out how to make a report for this. A web report would be great but I don't mind building something custom in SQL/SWQL if needed but I can't figure out what table keeps the data for me to reference.

This is the script I put together. It's pretty simple and less than perfect but it gets the job done.

#!/bin/bash

updates=$(cat /var/lib/update-notifier/updates-available)

echo $'Statistic.Updates: 1'

echo $'Message.Updates:' $updates

if [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ]; then echo $'Message.RestartCheck: ******Restart Required******';else echo $'Message.RestartCheck: No Restart Needed'; fi

if [ -f /var/run/reboot-required ]; then echo $'Statistic.RestartCheck: 1';else echo $'Statistic.RestartCheck: 0';fi

The app recognizes the outputs and displays the data in the web UI and even tracks the changes so I would have to think that its stored somewhere.
pastedImage_6.pngpastedImage_8.png

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Brandon