cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

SAM Agent Failed install error 12175

I have one server that I cannot get the SAM agent installed on.  All my other servers worked fine.  Error message from the installation wizard is
"Failed to connect to the Orion Server
WinHttpSendRequest: 12175: A security error occurred

: A security error occurred"

If I check the Windows Event Log under System events I see the following error each time I attempt to install:

Level: Error

Source: Schannel

Event ID: 36871

General: A fatal error occurred while creating an SSL client credential. The internal error state is 10013.

I'm thinking it has something to do with TLS based on some of the google search results but I don't see anything on the Thwack forum about this issue.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 11

In our case, both server and polling engine were set for TLS 1.2.

Telnet from the server to the port on port 17778 was successful.

The issue was that the network team failed to open that port BIDIRECTIONALLY.

The only reson we were certian of this being the issue was past experience. The network adims swore they opened the port inbound and outbound, but when tasked to provide the supporting logs, discovered they were mistaken, and when the inbound port was opened, then agent was installed without issue.

0 Kudos
Level 7

I found a workaround. I had disabled TLS 1.0 on the Orion Server. By enabling TLS 1.0 on the Orion Server I was able to install the agents using the msi. After the agents were installed successfully, I disabled TLS 1.0 on the Orion Server and the agents still connected without any issue.

Note that I only had issues with Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 servers. Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016 servers did not encounter this issue.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Are you still having this issue? I also have the same issue. If you managed to solve it, can assist to share how you solved it?

0 Kudos
Level 9

No, I was not able to resolve it

0 Kudos