cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

SAM 6.9.1 PerfStack not loading nodes

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

After upgrading to SAM 6.9.1 attempting to view node entities in PerfStack never returns results. I am not seeing any error messages, just can't get past the loading screen. I do not have this issue with viewing application entities. I can view them fine and perform all analysis.

pastedImage_0.png

The same issue happens if I try loading an existing project. This was not an issue when we were on SAM 6.8.

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 13

bsnyder27​ and kschmalz​, I got this working after talking with Solarwinds support. My problem may not be entirely the same as yours, though. Can you take a look at your cortex.log* files (probably in C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\Cortex) and see if you have errors like the one below?

2019-09-19 14:50:46,212 [589] ERROR SolarWinds.ServiceHost.Internal.ServiceLifetimeTracker - Error restarting crashed service SolarWinds.Cortex.Persistence -  (Cortex).

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): The operation failed because an index or statistics with name 'NC_Cortex_Documents_Updated_Deleted' already exists on table 'Cortex_Documents'.

at SolarWinds.Cortex.Internal.Persistence.Sql.SqlSchemaUpgrader.RunUpgradeEngine(UpgradeEngine upgradeEngine, String upgradeDescription)

at SolarWinds.Cortex.Internal.Persistence.Sql.SqlSchemaUpgrader.<InternalInitializeAsync>d__8.MoveNext()

If you have the same errors, I'll tell you what worked for me. If not, I'll assume that my installation is weird unique.

Level 10

I have the same error in the cortex logs, what was your fix?

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi msawyer​, here's what I did:

1. Dropped the existing index NC_Cortex_Documents_Updated_Deleted. Do this in Database Manager or a SQL Server query window with this query:

USE [SolarWindsOrion]

GO

DROP INDEX [NC_Cortex_Documents_Updated_Deleted] ON [dbo].[Cortex_Documents]

GO

2. Refreshed the view in Performance Analyzer.

You should see in the Cortex logs that Cortex was able to re-create the index and finish the schema migration process. I restarted the Cortex service, but I don't know if that was strictly necessary.

Hey m-milligan

Incidentally, does your database maintenance run on time, without failures? If there is an index issue, it could mean that the Orion maintenance schedule is not running correctly.

Level 13

Good question. As far as I know, it does run properly, but I will check again.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

kschmalz  wrote:

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

After upgrading to SAM 6.9.1 attempting to view node entities in PerfStack never returns results. I am not seeing any error messages, just can't get past the loading screen. I do not have this issue with viewing application entities. I can view them fine and perform all analysis.

pastedImage_0.png

The same issue happens if I try loading an existing project. This was not an issue when we were on SAM 6.8.

pastedImage_1.png

Have you opened a support ticket? Submit a Ticket | SolarWinds Customer Portal  Is this occurring for the same nodes or across multiple types of nodes?

0 Kudos
Level 13

Hi serena​,

I don't know if kschmalz​ has opened a suppport ticket for this issue, but I have. My ticket is #00387697.

Product Manager
Product Manager

m-milligan  wrote:

Hi serena ,

I don't know if kschmalz  has opened a suppport ticket for this issue, but I have. My ticket is #00387697.

Thank you! We'll be following your case for trends.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Same issue here, started immediately after upgrading to SAM 6.9. Only affects nodes, any other objects/stats are OK.

We have the same issue with the new Perfstack-style resources on node pages (CPU load, etc.).

0 Kudos
Level 8

Same issue here though we're running SAM 6.9.0

0 Kudos