This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM 5.5 Process Monitor -SNMP "Command Line Filter" Syntax

I am trying to monitor a java process on a Linux Server via SNMP using the "Process Monitor - SNMP" Component, which i also need to use the "Command Line Filter" because there are multiple java processes running on this server and i need to monitor them all individually. The problem i am having is when i use the "Command Line Filter" there is a space in part of the process command so when i test using this configuration it fails. However when i take the part of the command preceding the space and remove the space it works.

If that the part after the space was unique enough to specifically monitor that process i would be fine but unfortunately there are other processes that have that in their command and i need to be able to differentiate between them, so i cannot use that and i need the part preceding the space to make it unique.

So my question is how does the "Process Monitor - SNMP" Components "Command Line Filter" handle spaces? i cant find any documentation on this and ive tried ", ', `, and () around the command and nothing works. If there is a trick or wildcard or something please let me know. Also note that according to SolarWinds Support there is a SNMP limitation for the command line filter that you can only use up 128 or so Characters it cant go farther into the command line to search.

Example

Process i am looking for

/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/../jre/bin/java -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -server -Djava.security.egd=file:///dev/urandom -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=10 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=/data/ccp/cyclone/CI5xcommon/conf/deaSslKeystore -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=Secret1 -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/conf/log4j.properties -Dcyclone.machineName=lpil0218axgws01 -Dcyclone.shortNetworkName=lpil0218axgws01 -Dcyclone.longNetworkName=lpil0218axgws01.cardinalhealth.net -Dcyclone.networkName=lpil0218axgws01 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcyclone.nodeName=lpil0218axgws01_te -Dcyclone.nodeType=TE -Djava.security.auth.login.config=/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/conf/jaas.config -Dcyclone.executivePort=5107 -Daxway.cluster.socket.sotimeout=60000 -Dcyclone.class.path=/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/classes:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/site/conf/resources:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/site/jars:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/conf/resources:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/db/sqlserver:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/db/oracle:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/db/db2:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/db/derby:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/db/mysql -classpath /app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/classes:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/axway-cluster.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/common.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/haboob.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/txm.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/submit2tx.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/csos.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/axway-dmznode.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/jars/pedigree.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/integration/b2bx/b2bx.server.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/integration/b2bx/core.cfgserver15.jar:/app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/corelib/integration/b2bx/b2bx.starter.jar com.axway.cluster.startup.Boot com.cyclonecommerce.clustercontroller.executive.clustered.NodeExec

Process Monitor - SNMP Settings

Command Line Filter= /app/prod/csos/axway/Synchrony/Gateway_Interchange/build/../jre/bin/java -Xmx1024m

Im having the issue between java and -Xmx1024m. If -Xmx1024m was unique enough to this process i could use that but other processes have that in the command line so i need everything before the /jre/bin/java      to make it unique enough.

Process Name= javac