This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Request Monitoring on an application

can we get request monitoring like trend of requests happening to an application
based on response time taken.
I have a Java Application running in linux environment, I want to monitor request happening to that wrt response time.
Is it possible?

• It sounds like APM is the term for what you are asking for. SolarWinds doesn't sell an APM module for Orion, but they do offer it as a SaaS with their Appoptics platform.
  • There's already a tool to do just what you requested--Application Performance Monitor, packaged in AppOptics.  

Yes, you can request it be included as a future tool within a different part of Solarwinds / Orion, one which you may already own.  If it gets enough kudos from other Thwack members, it could happen.

For now, SW has a lot on their plate; I suspect your best option to have that functionality is to set up a trial AppOptics version and test it for 30 days to confirm it does what you need.  Then you can get a quote for the product and work with your I.T. Budget Management team to see how and when you can fit it in.

Swift packets!

Rick Schroeder