This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reporting SAM Component IOPs

When monitoring a process, in my case w3wp.exe, the Application Details page shows the CPU, Memory, and IOPs for the process;

appdetails.PNG

I would like to expose this data in a report, but in Report Writer, the IOPs data is nowhere to be found within the canned reports. Does anyone know where to start with a SQL query that would get this info instead?

Ideally, I'd like to produce a report table showing the application name, CPU, Memory, and IOPs for each w3wp process in an application. Any pointers are appreciated.

apm report.PNG

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I would like to understand how to do this as well.

• Bump. I can't be the only one that's come across this. In fact, I think it was noted at one point that this info was missing in reporting.

• Try this.

SELECT     APM_Component.Name, APM_Process_Detail.PercentCPU, APM_Process_Detail.PercentMemory, APM_Process_Detail.IOReadOperationsPerSec,

APM_Process_Detail.IOWriteOperationsPerSec, APM_Application.Name AS AppName

FROM         APM_Component INNER JOIN

APM_Process_Detail ON APM_Component.ID = APM_Process_Detail.ComponentID INNER JOIN

APM_Application ON APM_Component.ApplicationID = APM_Application.ID

• Forgot to respond to the actual question.  The process data isn't under the component itself.  This data is contained in a separate table.  The report writer is limited as it's being phased out.  Your best bet is to use the Web Reports feature.

• Thanks, that works great. I'm trying to figure out how to get the node name in this so it can be grouped that way but neither table has that info.

• That would probably help.

SELECT     NodesData.Caption, APM_Component.Name, APM_Process_Detail.PercentCPU, APM_Process_Detail.PercentMemory, APM_Process_Detail.IOReadOperationsPerSec,

APM_Process_Detail.IOWriteOperationsPerSec, APM_Application.Name AS AppName

FROM         APM_Component INNER JOIN

APM_Process_Detail ON APM_Component.ID = APM_Process_Detail.ComponentID INNER JOIN

APM_Application ON APM_Component.ApplicationID = APM_Application.ID INNER JOIN

NodesData ON APM_Application.NodeID = NodesData.NodeID