This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report to show Nodes where certain application is not installed

Hi, I may be going about this the wrong way, but I'm trying to verify that certain applications are installed on all of our windows systems.

I created a very basic report to show all Windows machines that contain an entry for a certain software under the Publisher field, under software inventory.

This works great, but when I attempt to do the reverse, to show me machines where ArmorPoint doesn't exist in the Publisher field, I get a return of all nodes, as that Publisher field contains many entries as it is basically the list of items shown in the Add/Remove program Dialog box, so every entry that doesn't contain 'software' will return as a row.

Does anyone know how I may be able to accomplish this in this scenario?

• First, create a query that will list all of the servers that should have the software.

Then create a query something like this

Select NodeID from Nodes

where (parameters that list all nodes where software should be installed-)

and NodeID not in (

Select NodeID From  (query that shows the nodes with the installed software)

)