cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted

Re: Report on Muted and Unmanaged Entities

Jump to solution

Have you seen an issue with this in 12.3 or greater? When I use this query in a widget in 12.3 or greater it does not display correctly. At the bottom right corner, it does not display the total number of nodes and doesn't show the muted objects. in the newer versions did the functionality for a Union all break? Below is a screenshot of the bottom part of the widget

pastedImage_0.png

Should be expecting 125 objects (thats what gets returned in SWQL Studio) instead of 1-0

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I can check tomorrow as I’m on a customer site who has 12.1 and 12.3

- David Smith
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks, the above screenshot was taken in a 12.4 environment

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

So interestingly I get an error on both 12.2 and 12.4 Systems which is:

"There was an error processing the request"

Yet both servers respond if I run the query directly in SWQL Studio

- David Smith
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

did you put an "Order By" at the end? i had to ensure i put that at the end of the query in the widget in order to not get the same error you talked about.

i just threw this in there

Order By [Days Left]

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yep - that's working fine now on my demo lab which is 12.4

- David Smith
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

So if there's more than the row limit it displays the widget correctly? Meaning that it shows the total number in the bottom right-hand corner? I noticed that if you go over the limit for the number of rows than it doesn't display correctly. e.g: by default the row limit is 5 if I left it at 5 and there were 10 nodes in maintenance mode the widget would display like the screenshot in my previous comment. But if I change the max rows to 11 than the widget displays correctly. I also noticed that my muted nodes do not show up

Can you show a screenshot of the lower part of the widget like the one i provided?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ah yes I am able to replicate that issue. When I have less than 5 (As an example) and the "Number of Rows per Page" set to 5 then it works fine. If I then unmanaged some additional devices I get the following issue:

pastedImage_1.png

But if I increase the page count to 10 it works fine. EDIT: I noticed this is also showing up in the original query from mesverrum but not in all SWQL Query's I have on my system so it's potentially a code issue rather than a SW Engine issue.

- David Smith
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

can you test it in the 12.1 environment you spoke of? I have a co-worker who said that this was not the case prior to 12.3 I suspect starting in 12.3 it doesn't like the union all parts of the query, because when you do each query individually in separate widgets the widget behaves as expected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

That was a customer environment that I no longer have access to, I will test it at my next opportunity - If anyone out there can validate if this is working in NPM12.1 we would appreciate it.

- David Smith
0 Kudos