This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Queue Monitoring, Multiple Alerts

I've researched multiple key words an I'm not finding just the right way to do what I'm after.  I have setup ActiveMQ, with the jmx component monitor.  We have 3 queue's we monitor.  I have my threshold set as well.  My thing is, I need to send an alert twice a day, once at 6 AM and another at 1 PM.  However, if my development team doesn't clear out the queue before 1 PM, I want it to send the alerts again.  But my alerts stay in my Active Alerts page since the reset trigger didn't kick in.  What setting am I missing here?  Is there a way to clear the Active Alerts without intervention say after an hour of the first alert at 6AM, that way it triggers the email at 1PM.  Or even a way to make it alert again at 1 PM no matter what?

Thanks,

• There's an api command under orion.activealert for clearing alerts, so you could definitely cook something up there, but I think maybe there is a simpler GUI based way to do it.  Something like a custom reset condition where something like if the current component availability last polled timestamp was between 1-1:05 pm or 6-6:05 am?

• Didn't test it, but maybe something like this would work?

pastedImage_0.png

• There are two options when setting a alert that might help. There is a "Time of Day" section where you can specify the time of day schedule for the alert.

AlertTimeOfDay.PNG

There is also an escalation option, so if the alert hasn't been resolved after a certain amount of time that you set then another action will take place.

escalation.PNG

Have you tried those options?

• This is what I have now by adding the "escalation".  I did have the time of day set previously, but since the alert stayed on the active alerts page, it never fired off again.

ActiveMQ_DEV Alert            

Description of alert:            

Alerts us to an issue with the Notify Incoming/PHS/CC, error queues

Type of Property to monitor

Component

Enabled(On/Off):            

ON            

Evaluation Frequency of alert:            

Every 15 minutes            

Severity of alert:            

Warning            

Alert Custom Properties: (0)

No Alert Custom Properties defined 

Alert owner (user who created this alert):            

admin

Alert Limitation Category            

No Limitation

Trigger Condition:             

Reset Condition:               

Time of Day schedule:             

Trigger Action:              

Reset Action:             

• One more option that just came to mind is to set a time limit on the Reset Condition. I haven't used it personally, but it might set the alert to be trigger again.

pastedImage_0.png

• So the reset after 5 hrs didn't change anything.  I think one of my hangups is the alert is on my "active" alerts page still from when it very first fired off.  But there's always a chance the team won't get to the messages and clear them all before my next 12pm window is setup.  My threshold is 1, cause we shouldn't have message in there, so we always want to be notified so we can manage them as needed.  However, they may not get to them right away when the first alert fires off at 6AM.  hence I need the second alert to fire at noon.