This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Query/Report of Nodes which are *not* a member of a particular template.

We have nodes in all sorts of groups, so not easy to just assign a template to a group.

We have Windows nodes which need to run a template which consists of a load of audit/compliance tasks.

Such as, is the Anti-Malware installed, is it up-to-date, is SCCM installed, is Windows Defender running (in our case it should be as it conflicts with Cylance), etc.

The template also has a script to set environment variables, which SNOW software inventory picks up, that goes to the cloud, and this shows a break down of our machines by environment (Prod/NonProd) and location (different licenses apply in different regions)

The template is called something like "Technology Ops 01" and I need to find all nodes which don't have it applied - I rarely forget to add it to new servers, but others sometimes do.

I can get all nodes with it, but can't figure out how to get nodes where that template isn't present.

Any ideas?

• Try this SWQL Query, you can drop it in a Custom Query either via the Dashboard, or more likely insert it into a Report.

SELECT DISTINCT n.NodeID, n.Caption

FROM Orion.Nodes n

WHERE n.NodeID NOT IN (SELECT n.NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes, Orion.APM.CurrentApplicationStatus c

WHERE n.NodeID = c.Application.NodeID AND c.Application.Name LIKE '%Technology Ops 01%')

AND n.MachineType LIKE '%Windows%'

Good luck emoticons_wink.png

- David Smith

Kenson - SolarWinds Authorized Partner

Training, Licenses & Professional Services

- LinkedIn

- Twitter

- Facebook