This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Pull data from Orion DB in to a datagrid table in VB.net

Hello,

I'm trying to pull data from Orion's DB into a VB.net datagrid table. I know it's possible to pull the same data into Excel (using VBA), but I'm wanting to move away from Excel. The columns I'm trying to import are the Average Availability, Node Name, Critical Tier and Application.

This is my syntax for Excel: StrQuery = "SELECT TOP 10000 AVG(ResponseTime.Availability) AS AVERAGE_of_Availability, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName, Nodes.CriticalTier AS CriticalTier, Nodes.Application AS Application, AVG(ResponseTime.Availability) AS AVERAGE_of_Availability_1, Nodes.Caption AS NodeName_1 FROM Nodes INNER JOIN ResponseTime ON (Nodes.NodeID = ResponseTime.NodeID) WHERE ((Nodes.CriticalTier IS NOT NULL) AND (Nodes.WithholdGlobalAlerts = 0) AND (Nodes.Status <> '9') AND (Nodes.CriticalTier <> 4) ) GROUP BY Nodes.Caption, Nodes.CriticalTier, Nodes.Application, Nodes.Caption ORDER BY 3 ASC, 5 ASC, 6 ASC".   

This works. I'm needing to convert it to VB.Net. Any idea on how this can be accomplished?