This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Process past CPU/Memory consumption data

Hi,

Does Solarwinds store past data of CPU consumption by processes? My requirement is to know what was process wise CPU consumption in past.

When I see CPU spike in my past trends, I need to know what was process CPU consumption at that time, which can help me fix the process/services which eats up more CPU.

• SAM will store CPU, and memory metrics for monitored components. You will need to select which processes/services you would like to monitor to poll those metrics to store them in the database. SAM does not automatically monitor all processes for a node.

That said, there is an out of the box alert that you can enable that will trigger on a high CPU or memory threshold.

High CPU Utilization with top 10 Processes

High Memory Utilization with Top 10 Processes

This alert includes a trigger that will poll the node that is having the high CPU or memory issue for a list of running processes and their metrics and insert those into an email alert for example to help with this scenario. After you get this email setup SAM to watch these processes to baseline them going forward and setup their own individual thresholds. 

• Thank you. I know about this out of box alert.However when it list out Top process consumption, it has variation in total CPU load and all processs CPU consumption. For example, if CPU is at 90%, top listed process may show only 50% utilization and this leads to confusion.

I believe it because of time it take to poll process data and add it to notes.

I would like to know if there is any way we can fetch Process wise CPU/memory consumption data(past history) from Servers to Solarwinds, It will help us to  identify which processes caused CPU spike in past.

There are some other tools which offers this feature. Need to know if solarwinds can do that too.