Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Process Monitoring Stopped Working

Jump to solution

Hi There,

I have been using the process, service monitor feature under Solarwinds. However, when I checked today I can see that the component availabity chart is blank and other details like Process ID, CPU Load, Physical Memory Used etc is showing as NA or there are no details.

I have checked the for few of the devices and the situation is the same. I am also unable to find/list process for any new server using the find processes, services option....the list comes-up as blank. The other snmp stats like cpu, memory, disk space are coming up properly. What cud be the issue? How can I restore these services?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

I agree with Martin. Support is the best avenue for this issue. In the meantime though here are a couple of ideas you may want to try.

Try rebooting the server APM is installed on and see if that resolves the problem before contacting support. Also, check the charts/graphs and go back in time with them to see if you can narrow down when the problem first started occurring.  It's also possible that your database could be full so I would check that as well.

Answers to questions like these should help support quickly narrow down the root cause of this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

I agree with Martin. Support is the best avenue for this issue. In the meantime though here are a couple of ideas you may want to try.

Try rebooting the server APM is installed on and see if that resolves the problem before contacting support. Also, check the charts/graphs and go back in time with them to see if you can narrow down when the problem first started occurring.  It's also possible that your database could be full so I would check that as well.

Answers to questions like these should help support quickly narrow down the root cause of this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Yes, I did reboot the Solarwinds server and after the reboot all the chart and process monitor was back to normal. This stats collection was stopped earlier this month. Thanks for your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Level 12

I would suggest to open a support ticket so we can have a look what is going wrong there.

0 Kudos