cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 21

PerfStack Data Available?

Jump to solution

I am curious what different data types PerfStack is currently designed to support; if this is already documented I apologize for missing it and feel free to point me to the documentation.

Currently it looks like it covers the CPU, Disk, Memory and interface information; I don't seem to be able to capture any application level performance data or any UnDP data.  Is that expected with this first release?  I just want to make sure I am not missing something or something is't broken with my deployment.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

All SAM application data should be available without issue. Metrics from Virtualization Manager, Storage Resource Monitor, and Netflow Traffic Analyzer metrics are also fully supported. NPM's Universal Device Pollers are not as yet supported by PerfStack.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Level 10

If you are really interested you can get all of the data types from the API.

https://swservername/api2/perfstack/metadata/types

SolarWinds PerfStack API

Product Manager
Product Manager

All SAM application data should be available without issue. Metrics from Virtualization Manager, Storage Resource Monitor, and Netflow Traffic Analyzer metrics are also fully supported. NPM's Universal Device Pollers are not as yet supported by PerfStack.

View solution in original post

Also, I noticed when searching for Volumes for example there doesn't appear to be a good way to search for the volume based on the name of the server that the volume is associated with.

0 Kudos

The way I do it is add the node and then click the Add Related Items button after it's added.  But yes, you are correct.  Searching for the volume isn't easy.  One of the points I made in the Beta forum.

Ah, I had missed the Add Related Items; that is super helpful!

0 Kudos

Thanks aLTeReGo​, I just found the drop down that I had been missing; it looks like it's all there.  I assume the UnDP's are on the ToDo list for a future release?

0 Kudos

I will have to defer tocobrien​ to provide a definitive answer to that as Universal Device Pollers are an exclusive feature ofNetwork Performance Monitor​.

0 Kudos

Wouldn't it be great if we had both UNDP and NetPath data in PerfStack?

That would be very awesome!  I guess that may imply that I have something to look forward to. 

0 Kudos