This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Patching and Updating Solarwinds products

I have few issue with the way the various product do updates and apply's patches!

When ever i have to apply a patch or update or even integrate a new product set with my SW env i have to take screen capture of my users settings and my configured alerts. There is an issue where when you apply the patch or update of the product it goes through the alerts and enables all the default alerts. I was told that it is unique to my environment but I've recently rebuilt my whole env including the db server and instance and I recently did an update in the new env and it did the exact same this as it was doing in my current production environment. I still have not cut over to the new env. I'm still running them side by side. I do run a few different programs on the same pollers, my env consist of (NPM 11.5.2, SAM 6.2.1, SRM 6.2.0, VMAN 6.3 and WHD 12.3). The reason this is so annoying is because i pumps a bunch of garbage tickets in our WHD ticket ques.

I always believe that a anytime a product in making an update/patch to an existing env and is introducing new features or products it preserves the integrity of the currently configured environment. Another words deliver the feature in a turned off or not enabled state.

Just my two cents....

Thanks,

Adam