cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Orion Job Engine v2: Jobs Lost and Job Scheduler v2: Results Notified Error monitors are incremental :-(

Jump to solution

In the SAM Orion Job Engine v2: Jobs Lost and Job Scheduler v2: Results Notified Error monitors are incremental. Seriously, one needs to wait the 30 days for the metrics to expire for the numbers to reset. If you have one burp in the system, say a bad DNS record trashing your DB, Orion is in Critical state for the next month, or you need to go in and reset the alert levels! I have looked around and can not find the SQL and/or monitor code. This needs to be made X number of occurrences in T time window.

Does anyone know where I can either find the Lost Jobs and Results Notified Errors are stored in the DB or where the monitor definition is. I would like to have these monitors look for the number of occurrences in 15 minutes.

1 Solution
Level 13

In older versions of "Orion" template these components had improperly disabled "Count statistic as difference" option. You may want to enable it:

pastedImage_0.png

With this setting component should become into critical state only when this counter increases it value between polls (which actually represents problem).

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Just noticed interesting thing about it:

1. I always try to keep all global customizations on the Template level (even if template is assigned just for one node), unless it is absolutely down to specific node, then I would do on the application level

2. So, I did this change a while back and all was fine... until I have run Configuration Utility, which I believe replaced my correct template with the "buggy" one

3. I did same changes again AND this time I also have renamed template to "... v2".

4. I hope this will now stop Configuration Utility overwriting it...

If anyone can confirm point (4) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

---
Thwack Home Page | Personal Blog

Only new templates should be imported during the upgrade process. Existing templates should otherwise remain intact and unaltered both during upgrades and when the Configuration Wizard is run. If your findings contradict that statement please open a case with support so we can investigate this issue further.

OK, that would invalidate my point #2. I cannot say for sure that Config Wizard was the one to blame, but I will keep this in mind. Thank you aLTeReGo

---
Thwack Home Page | Personal Blog
0 Kudos
Level 11

Worked as a charm, but it was not "inherited" when I changed the template settings. BTW,,,I have SAM 6.1, so "older" might be current
Thanks

0 Kudos
Level 13

In older versions of "Orion" template these components had improperly disabled "Count statistic as difference" option. You may want to enable it:

pastedImage_0.png

With this setting component should become into critical state only when this counter increases it value between polls (which actually represents problem).

View solution in original post

I set as above...I'll let you know.

Thanks

0 Kudos