cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Office 365 Service Health - Depreciated API

So we leverage a whole host of the Office 365 SAM monitors for pulling down Service Health status information.  We've recently gotten word from MS that the older service API that all of the SolarWinds Office365 Service Health monitors are leveraging today are going away in Q1.  Is SolarWinds already working on new monitors leveraging the newer API to replace this functionality?  Has anyone else started working on these?

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

nglynn  wrote:

So we leverage a whole host of the Office 365 SAM monitors for pulling down Service Health status information.  We've recently gotten word from MS that the older service API that all of the SolarWinds Office365 Service Health monitors are leveraging today are going away in Q1.  Is SolarWinds already working on new monitors leveraging the newer API to replace this functionality?  Has anyone else started working on these?

We are working on enabling more authentications in the simplified API pollers so customers can react quickly to changes in API even if there hasn't been an official release of SolarWinds.

the first version of the API poller is :SAM 2019.4 Release Notes

Which of our  Microsoft Office 365  templates are you worried about in particular nick?

All of the Office 365 templates that pull the Service Health information from the Office 365 Admin portals that are configured to use the https://api.admin.microsoftonline.com/shdtenantcommunications.svc such as: Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online   I currently am using the Exchange, Portal, SharePoint and OneDrive templates.  Per MS the following legacy APIs are going away Feb 17th.

These legacy API endpoints include:

@nglynn- where did you end up with your monitoring after MS retired the "legacy" APIs?  I'm about to embark on monitoring our 365 environment in the next week or two.

0 Kudos

@BWB8771 , @nglynn 

SAM 2020.2.1 has dedicated Microsoft 365 API Poller templates that capture the data that was available in depreciated API: https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/sam/Content/Release_Notes/sam_2020-2-1_releas...

Using Graph API?
0 Kudos

@jan for the service account, can I use Global Reader instead of Global Admin? 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Looking at monitoring using the 365 templates (mail statistics, licensing, user stats etc) I have not found a way to make this work with MFA.

How would you type the MFA text every 5 minutes when the Service account is polling every 5 minutes or so?
0 Kudos