This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Not polling, shows white bars in the application availability graph

Hello experts,

Anybody can help me in this scenario, most of my application availability shows up to 100% and green but sometimes it shows the white area in between as shown in the attached snapshot, what does it mean, when I hover mouse on the white area it also shows the application is up and availability is 100% but what I guess, is it not mean that it did not poll in the time where the graph shows white or blank or some other reasons, please comment, your expert inputs are highly valuable for me. Thanks in advance.

ROOMIPKK_0-1590494669447.png

• You are correct, the missing info means that there was no returned data from the application monitor. The issue could be with the application being monitored, the application monitor timing out, or an overloaded polling engine. Enable the logging to help determine if the issue.

Edit the application monitor, Click Advanced then enable the Debug logging. 

stevenstadel_0-1590503582493.png

The next time you see the issue look at that debug log. The logs are on the polling engine monitoring that node under the application ID. The application ID number is the number after AA in the URL when you are in the Application Details page

Example https://orionstg/Orion/APM/ApplicationDetails.aspx?NetObject=AA:2 is Application ID 2.

Logs are in C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\APM\ApplicationLogs\AppID###