This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need Help on Solarwinds Certified Professional : SAM exam

Hi Guys,

I need to face for Solarwinds SAM exam in near future, So I have checked the preparation guide @ SolarWinds Certified Professional SAM Exam Preparation Guide - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

But all I need to know whether there any practice test or dump available for this? And how much is the pass mark? How many times I can retake the exam?

If anyone of you faced this SCP Server & Monitoring exam, Please help me out...

Thanks,

Nimesha J

• The exam is 75 questions which are randomly drawn from a large pool of questions (I think around 200) you have 90 minutes and I believe the pass rate is 70-75% but I don’t remember exactly.

There are no cram docs or practise exams as SolarWinds want to keep that information as secure as possible to protect the integrity of the exam itself. The only resources are the notes you already have or a SolarWinds training course on SAM. The exam is very much product orientated, you need a good understanding of the SAM module and how it works along with a basic understanding of the principle Core platform functionality.

• Thank You very Much David. Did you faced it? Is it true we can retake the exam up to 3 times?

• Hi, I work for a Solarwinds Partner so my exam experience is slightly different but the subscription model does state that you get 1 SCP Exam & 1 re-take so I'm not sure on the 3 attempts cal.smith or nan will have to answer that one.

• David is correct.  You get 1 SCP exam and 1 retake of that exam if needed.