This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring specific processes

Hello,

Has anyone set this up before and want to share how they did it?  We basically want to make a chart displaying information on specific processes on a VM host using SAM.  There are processes that have many instances running at the same time and we want to display the data of 1 minute intervals in a chart.

Original request:

I am trying to make a chart that displays the number of certain specific

processes on a VM host and would like to poll this information every 1

minute. Is this even possible? Do you know how I can get started ?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Mike

• Mike, have you already configured an SNMP Process Monitor?  I believe SAM polling intervals are whatever you designate in NPM.  Not the entire solution you asked for, but when I created my SNMP process monitors, it was pretty straightforward.

We then used Report Writer to create a report showing NODE, APPLICATION AVAILABILITY, APPLICATION STATUS, EVENT TYPE NAME (process being monitored), and PROCESS_INSTANCE_COUNT.  One line per node.

• You can define your polling intervals to be 1 minute in SAM, that's controlled on a per-Application basis and the default is 300 seconds (or 5 minutes). I would recommend starting with the Real-Time Process Explorer to select the process, or processes you'd like monitored. The wizard will walk you through the process of creating an application template.