cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Monitoring more than just up/down of a service

The application monitor does what it's supposed to... tell me when an application is in a up/down state. But frequently we have services that stop working but the service is still running and the application monitor won't pick that up. For example if I'm monitoring a web server it would be better to poll port 80 for a response rather than check if IIS is running or not.

What other software can we use to check the actual health of a service? And how have you (if you have) inegrated that back into Orion.

Services we are specifically looking to monitor more effectively are things like Blackberry, Oracle, SQL, SMTP, Exchange...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

IPMonitor (recently purchased by SW). I would assume it will take a year or so before they are integrated though.

http://www.ipmonitor.com/default.aspx 

0 Kudos

Thanks, I was just browsing the website and looking at it. Definitely worth  checking out I think.

0 Kudos

Just wondering if this is already in the new APM functionality?

0 Kudos

Thanks, I was just browsing the website and looking at it. Definitely worth  checking out I think.

I love what IP monitor can and does do, but the interface is horrible.. I am hoping solarwinds incorporates part of IMP into orion

0 Kudos