This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring Weblogic

Hi All,

I need to monitor a weblogic application running on a IBM server using APM 3.0, please help me since i was unable to find a way to do this.

• what exactly is a weblogic application?

if its some kind of website and you want to monitor if the website is up and running you can either use the http or https monitor in APM and even enter a search string to look for to make sure its not an error message on the website but the actual website you want to see :)

• WebLogic is one of the leading J2EETm application servers,

i need to monitor few components such as,

JVM Heap Usage

Server Response Time

Metrics of all web applications

User Sessions and Details

Out of the box support for JMS & SAF

Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)

EJB Pool Statistics

EJB Cache Statistics

Servlets

Thread Pools

Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) Pools

Time waiting for a connection

Percentage of database connections in use

Custom Application MBeans (JMX) attributes

• well, for all that you will either need to look for an existing template in thwack (you can do that from within APM by clicking on the shared resources tab(I think thats what its called... its the one on the right when you configure your application templates)

you can also create your own template for this in apm and then share it with the community!

You can probably pull most of this with WMI/WQL. From all your requirements it does look like you will need to create your own application template (you can find details on how to do this in the administrators guide for apm)

• WebLogic is one of the leading J2EETm application servers,

i need to monitor few components such as,

JVM Heap Usage

Server Response Time

Metrics of all web applications

User Sessions and Details

Out of the box support for JMS & SAF

Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)

EJB Pool Statistics

EJB Cache Statistics

Servlets

Thread Pools

Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) Pools

Time waiting for a connection

Percentage of database connections in use

Custom Application MBeans (JMX) attributes

With the upcoming release (4.2) how many of these will be possible?

• Hi ctopaloglu,

as long as the MBeans are exposed by JMX you can monitor any attributes with the upcoming APM 4.2 release. See this thread for details how to create JMX application. You can also monitor rate counters and use custom value conversion.