Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Monitor Windows Scheduled Tasks

Jump to solution

Hi,

I want to monitor Windows Scheduled Task on some machines.

I found some information about that here: Use the Windows Scheduled Tasks Monitor

But I have some questions:

1. Is there a way to disable the monitoring for one specific scheduled task? (For example: I have 3 Tasks but I just want to monitor 2 of them)
  2. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task that are not in the root folder "Task Scheduler Library" , because from default only task in this folder will be monitored
  3. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task while the node is monitored by Agent and not WMI?

Dominik

Labels (1)
1 Solution
4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

rsdom  wrote:

Hi,

I found some information about that here: Use the Windows Scheduled Tasks Monitor

1. Is there a way to disable the monitoring for one specific scheduled task? (For example: I have 3 Tasks but I just want to monitor 2 of them)
  2. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task that are not in the root folder "Task Scheduler Library" , because from default only task in this folder will be monitored
  3. Is there a way to monitor scheduled task while the node is monitored by Agent and not WMI?

Dominik

Hello Dominik!

I was looking at our application template, and there's currently not a way to modify the template to be configured in the way you're requesting. However, the data gathered by this component can be gathered via powershell see (Get-ScheduledTask ) and then ingested through the powershell monitor in SAM Create a Windows PowerShell monitor  and then displayed using a custom table widget. That should give you more control to limit what is monitored.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. I will try to test this if this fix my needs.

0 Kudos

serena  wrote:

rsdom   wrote:

Hi,

Dominik

Hello Dominik!

I was looking at our application template, and there's currently not a way to modify the template to be configured in the way you're requesting. However, the data gathered by this component can be gathered via powershell see (Get-ScheduledTask ) and then ingested through the powershell monitor in SAM Create a Windows PowerShell monitor  and then displayed using a custom table widget. That should give you more control to limit what is monitored.

Also - this might be a candidate for you to put into our feature request forum! Server & Application Monitor Feature Requests