This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor Moving Log Files with Powershell

I am new to Powershell, I have managed to create powershell script to check modified dates, text in Log Files, request to HTTP Services, but I am having a difficult time trying to create a monitor that will pick up on whether or not a "Clean Up.log" File has moved with in the last minute. I am hoping I can get some assistance on this effort. Thanks in advanced.

The file moves every second, but the modified date in the windows folder doesn't reflect that.

This is the closest I could get to it, but again i believe this still uses that "Modified date" information vs the Real Time Movement with in the log file.

$lastDay = (Get-Date).AddDays(-1)
$monitoredFile = "C:\Test.xml"
while ($true)
{
    if ((Get-ItemProperty -Path $monitoredFile -Name LastWriteTime).LastWriteTime -gt $lastDay)
    {
        write-host "File has been modified within the last day"
    }
    else
    {
        write-host "File has not been modified since " (Get-ItemProperty -Path $monitoredFile -Name LastWriteTime).LastWriteTime
    }