cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Modifying the appinsight for SQL alerts I get a funny error

Jump to solution

So I don't know if maybe my alert is corrupted, but I recently enabled "AppInsight for SQL: Database File" I tried to add a few customization to the Alert Sharing fields so it is easier to router to the proper people. When I add them in I try to save the alert I get "Please Specify a Complete Trigger Condition; Field Not specified or invalid." I have done nothing other than add in the extra information in the alert Sharing. I hit cancel and reopened it thinking I hit something but even if I don't do anything and just hit OK I get the same error.

Has anyone come across this before? does the alert still work?

I'm assuming the problem is the line "* is equal to Yes" in my alert, is that like that for everyone? if not anyone know what I should change it too?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

It looks as though the alert was not imported correctly during upgrade. Below is how that alert should be configured.

AppInsight for SQL Alert me when my database file disk IO latency is high.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

Can you post a screenshot of the Trigger condition tab of the alert when you receive this error?

0 Kudos

trigger.JPG

0 Kudos

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Yes, I know that already, This is a predefined alert. I didn't make this. This is the first time activating the alert. if I go in and attempt to add custom information to the alert sharing I get this error. I don't know what that is supposed to be.

0 Kudos

What is the name of the out-of-the-box alert for this screenshot? I ask because there are only two default alerts for AppInsight for SQL included in SAM and this does not appear to match either of those.

AppInsight SQL Alerts.png

0 Kudos

It is the "AppInsight for SQL: Alert me when my database file disk I/O latency is high" I'm beginning to wonder if something didn't get messed up during the latest upgrade because I've been noticing other weird things are happening as well.

trigger1.JPG

0 Kudos

It looks as though the alert was not imported correctly during upgrade. Below is how that alert should be configured.

AppInsight for SQL Alert me when my database file disk IO latency is high.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you, I didn't want to change anything with out checking first.

0 Kudos