cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Manual polling caused authentication error AppInsight for SQL

Jump to solution

So after deploying AppInsight for SQL, we are noticing that we see an error on our SQL error log when ever we manually trigger a polling.

9/9/2014 12:50:06 PMLogin failed for user 'orion_monitor'. Reason: Attempting to use an NT account name with SQL Server Authentication. [CLIENT: 10.1.0.22]
9/9/2014 12:50:06 PMError: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 6.

We have set the credential to "Windows" and "Auto detect", both gives us the same error... short of deleting the applied template and restarting, any one have any ideas or seen this before?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

That's what I thought you were referring to. Poll-now is a diagnostic troubleshooting tool used primarily by support. As such it assumes nothing about methods or settings selected. This allows support to see within the diagnostics attempts to use both Windows and SQL authentication in the event one is working and the other is not. This is normally faster and easier than asking the user to try one, test, then try the other.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

What do you mean exactly by "Manual Polling"?

0 Kudos

When in the application details view and clicking on "Poll Now". It's really weird because, I don't see any error entries for any automatic/scheduled polling times... just when manually triggered.

0 Kudos

That's what I thought you were referring to. Poll-now is a diagnostic troubleshooting tool used primarily by support. As such it assumes nothing about methods or settings selected. This allows support to see within the diagnostics attempts to use both Windows and SQL authentication in the event one is working and the other is not. This is normally faster and easier than asking the user to try one, test, then try the other.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Interesting... but that makes since.

0 Kudos