cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Log and Alert on CTXXEN 6.5 Windows 2008 Event ID 52

Hello,  Would you please advise as to how would I go about setting up an alerts for a specific event from a windows server running CTXXEN 6.5.  We have a server that is troublesome and event 52 seems to correlate along with the issues. Your help would be greatly appreciated..5  I am pretty sure that the LEM could do on specific ID's. But I am hoping the at there another way until I can get approval for a LEM. Your help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Level 13

Hello, you should be able to use Windows event log monitor for this purpose. You can specify criteria to match specific event ID(s). Number of matched events found during poll will be stored as Statistic value for this monitor and you can create alert based on this value.

Event log monitor.png

More information on the Windows Event Log Monitor can be found in the SAM Administrators Guide at the link below.

http://www.solarwinds.com/NetPerfMon/SolarWinds/OrionAPMPHComponentTypesWindowsEventLog.htm

0 Kudos

I was able to get it running. But I am having the hardest time figuring our how to setup the alert for this event. Anyone ? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Application Details

Up CTXXEN Event ID 54 --64 Bit on ma-ctxxen01

Help Edit

Application Details

Management: Edit Application Monitor Unmanage Poll Now

Real-Time Process Explorer

Application Name: CTXXEN Event ID 54 --64 Bit on ma-ctxxen01

Application Status: Up Application status is Up

Server Status: Node status is Up. Server status is Up

Component Name Component Type Component Status

Up Windows Event Log Monitor Windows Event Log Monitor Up

Help Edit

Last 25 Application Events

Today

6/19/2012 11:21 AM CTXXEN Event ID 54 --64 Bit on ma-ctxxen01 is up

6/19/2012 11:21 AM Windows Event Log Monitor for CTXXEN Event ID 54 --64 Bit on ma-ctxxen01 is up

6/19/2012 11:21 AM Application "CTXXEN Event ID 54 --64 Bit" created on node "ma-ctxxen01"

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:27 AM

To: 'jive-321682606-34u3-2-3qgm@solarwinds.hosted.jivesoftware.com'

Subject: RE: - Log and Alert on CTXXEN 6.5 Windows 2008 Event ID 52

But now I don’t see how to set up the alert? Please help. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:10 AM

Excellent Thank you for your help. Very nice.

-Santos

0 Kudos

Provided you've defined your thresholds in the application template appropriately the default out-of-the-box alert "Alert me when an application goes into warning or critical state" should work for your needs.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.  What I am looking to do is that I have several different groups that I only want some of these alerts to go to . I.E  windows event log 52 / 54 to go on the persons/ group associated with ID # 52 /54. If I use the default it goes to everyone. Any ideas ?  Thank you once again.

0 Kudos

You can copy the out of the box alert and add to the trigger condition so it's more narrowly focused to that specific node or application. For example, add in the trigger condition that the node name equals the server being monitored, or better yet add the application name is equal to the name of the application template you created. you can combine these in different alerts so application named "Event Log ID 52 Watch" on Node name "Apollo" sends an alert to the crisis management team, while the same application template applied to a different node goes to the helpdesk.

This video may better help explain how to use the Advanced Alert Manager. I'd also recommend referencing the Advanced Alert Manager chapter of the SAM Administrators Guide.

0 Kudos

But now I don’t see how to set up the alert? Please help. Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 11:10 AM

-Santos

0 Kudos

-Santos

0 Kudos