This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Linux Script Execution Error

Hi,

We seem to be having an intermittent error when running a APM Linux script check.

The component occasionally goes down with the component status details as follows:

"Linux script execution error. Cannot connect to SSH service. Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted 192.168.xxx.xxx:22"

Has anyone ever come across this error before?

Thanks,

M

• I've seen this in environments where the user account being used to execute the script is limited to only one SSH connection to the host. To determine if this is the issue, open putty or your favorite SSH client and connect to the monitored host using the same credentials as the script monitor is assigned. While that session is still connected, open another session with the same server using the same credentials. Do you receive a similar error? Are you able to connect with the second session?

• Hi,

Thanks for the response. It was down to having to few SSH connections.  I spoke to one of our Linux guys who ended up extending the values in "Maxsessions" and MaxStartups.

Thanks for getting back to me though.

Matt