This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LINUX Devices

This is something many of you I would of thought have already experienced.

So I have multiple Linux devices being monitored by SAM. My problem being is that many of these devices for example has 4gb of ram, However SW is only showing the device as having 2gb Ram. At first I thought it was due to how swap space is allocated and registered and that we were just miss reading solarwinds.

Though it does look to be a solarwinds issues. When I'm running reports or drilling into the Linux devices it does only show 2gb ram on the device. when ive got one of our Linux engineers to investigate he has provided me with the details which confirms the resources on the device itself but solarwinds isn't picking this up. I have tried the usual rediscoverers, restarting the snmp services, repolls but the difference still remains.

I have gone through the "List device" resources which shows all the available resources to be monitored but still showing the incorrect data.

Any help would be great as this is a customer device which they are seeing on the reports and they think we are not providing them with the correct specs they have paid for.

Thanks all.

Dan

• Is this a virtual machine running on Hyper-V by chance? Can you post a screenshot of the output of Top on that Linux host? You should be looking at the "Mem:" field.

Top Memory.png

Also, where in Orion are you looking to see the memory usage on that Linux node? Are you looking on the Node Details CPU/Memory radial gauge or the Physical Memory volume?

List Resources Memory.png