This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LDAP errors in Exchange 2010 Common Performance Counters - Bad Input Parameter

Hi guys,

I'm very new to Solarwinds APM. However, I'm quickly learning and getting my way around.

I've downloaded the new 4.2 versions of the Exchange 2007 - 2010 monitor templates. We have a Exchange 2010 DAG environment and looking to get some added monitoring of our environment.

I've added the Common Performance Monitors to one of our Mailbox servers and am getting an error under the component type "Performance Counter Monitor". The error is below. How do I configure the LDAP settings? I can't seem to find it.

• Hi, I found a topic in the Admin guide that may help you. (Click here.) Hope this helps!

• This error means that the default instance is not applicable in your environment and you'll need to specify the specific instance name in the component monitor. If you're unsure what the instance name is open Perfmon.exe on your exchange server and add a new performance counter from the category "MSExchange ADAccess Domain Controllers", and selecting the "LDAP Search Time" counter. There should be an instance name displayed under "Instances of selected object". This is the name you'll need to populate in the component monitors that are currently in error.

So from the Application details view click "Edit Application Monitor" in the top right, then locate the component monitors that are down. Expand these component monitors and populate the instance name you found above into the the "Instance" Field, then click save.

• This was a perfect explanation! Thank you very much!