cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

JMX Bridge - stops responding on Application Page but Orion Polling Engine shows no signs of it not responding

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone else ran into this situation.

We have had instances where the JMX Bridge (jsl.exe) stops on an application but the polling engine it is on shows no signs of any issues with it.

It will show that it is running in the Orion Services Manager and in task manager it will show that it is functioning. This happens when maintenance is performed on an application that needs JMX and also at random times.

I was hoping someone knows of a way to correct this.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Level 13

This might be a good issue to open up a support case for. If you do, please send me the case number so I can track it.

0 Kudos

Case # 1021682

Rebecca Murphy | Systems Engineer I | MISM| Service Delivery Systems - OSS/NMS

| 314-543-5625 (O) | 314-452-4968 (C)

12405 Powerscourt Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131

0 Kudos

I will track this internally. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions while you work through the issue.

0 Kudos

Please Escalate this as it has a large impact on our monitoring.

Rebecca Murphy | Systems Engineer I | MISM| Service Delivery Systems - OSS/NMS

| 314-543-5625 (O) | 314-452-4968 (C)

12405 Powerscourt Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131

0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay. I will reach out to the support team.

0 Kudos

I was given the way to correct it when it happens again, what I want to know is how to stop this from happening.

0 Kudos

You should be getting that in response if you have not already. Feel free to add me via email directly to any communications you have with support.

Hello Steve,

I had another issue with the jmx bridge stopped but yet I did not get an email stating that it stopped on the poller.  This is not the orion poller but one of our additional polling engines.  I had closed the previous ticket as it was no longer needed. Is there anything you can suggest to help us monitor this better?

0 Kudos

Let me review the details of the case again and see what the best option might be.

0 Kudos

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Steve,

Here is how I have the alert template set to trigger.  Before the view below I noticed that I did not have the OM Weblogic application added and I changed the child conditions from component to application status.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Can you post how you have your application template configured?

0 Kudos

We have several application templates and not sure which one you would need to see. Would you like to set something up so I can share my screen?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos

If you are looking to determine if the JMX Bridge Service on the poller has stopped, you will need to create an application template to monitor that and set up an alert to notify you. You can even configure an alert action to restart the service. Let me know if you have any difficulty achieving this.

Ok, I am not sure if I can use an existing application monitor and add the node names to it or create a new one specifically for these polling engines and I have no idea what the credentials need to be.

0 Kudos

Thank you. I wasn't even thinking about having the application monitored from the pollers. I will add that today.

0 Kudos